Ok so when we had our level II ultrasound the ultrasound tech found a little problem with the baby's kidney. His left kidney was measuring alittle big and had some fluid in it. It was measuring at a 4mm which isnt to bad they dont get to worried till it hits a 5 so it was close. So she told us to have out doctor just watch it. So i have been a little worried and hoping and praying it doesnt get any bigger. So our last dr appt. he measured the kidney and it was bigger a 5.3mm. He talked to us about it and said that its common in boys and when he is born they might have to do a little surgery to relieve and move the blockage which could lead to a non functioning kidney (which i know lots of people only have one working kidney but still really scared me) or if it got up to like a 15mm they would have to do surgery while i was prego and go try to remove the blockage.(that scared me)but anyway he told me really to not worry about it but he was going to send me to a specialist to have him take a look. So....that was our appointment today..I was a little nervous but really excited cause my Dr. doesnt do the 4D ultrasounds and with going here they would do it. So we went and we got some really good news i think. He took a look said that on his left side the kidney has kinda duplicated itself so he has a kidney and then like a half a kidney attached to it(weird i know) and so the little nub kidney he thinks is the one with the fluid in it. so the big normal kidney is working fine and the other one that is attached will eventually just fizzle away..So..I have to go back in 6 weeks to check it again and make sure thats for sure what it is. And if it is then its really no big deal..I am just so happy thats all it is. I just want this baby to be healthy i already love him sooo much and only want the best for him.. And we did get our 4D picture and its so funny cause she told us ok iam going to do the 4D now cause he is looking right at us and she turned it on and the first thing i saw was my DAD!! I think he looks just like him:) He definatly has my side of the family nose! I love it i just want to kiss him and hold him. It made me so excited for this little guy to get here i cant wait...
Here is our little man..He has his papa mickie's nose with his Daddy's lips:)Oh i love him Sooo much i cant stand it!!!
5.12.2009
An update and good news about the baby!! Kinda long...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
Love love love this picture! I can't wait to see him! I'm glad everything went good at the doctor. Yeah! The first friend baby!!
What a scary thing, I'm glad things are okay! That is such a good shot of his face! He is going to be a cutie!
That is a scary thing. I hope everything keeps going okay. I love the 4d pic. It's so awesome how much you really can tell what they're going to look like. It just makes it seem that much more real. :)
He is soo cute...that picture even makes ME want to kiss his face off!
That is way scary, but I am so glad everything is ok with the little guy. He is going to be so dang cute. I'm excited to see him!
that is an awesome picture!!! I love the 4D ultrasounds they are AWESOME. and good luck with the whole kidney deal i hope everything goes just fine. I'm glad to see other then that the baby is good! love you girl!
This picture is great! I hope and pray for you guys that everything will work out just fine. We can't wait to have another fun little boy in the family! :)
Hey girl! The little boy my mom babysits had that exact same thing. They had to remove a blockage in his kidney when he was 2 months old. It was just a little surgery they did at Primary's, and everything went really well! He only has a tiny little scar on his back. So I hope everything works out, but if he does have to have surgery, I know one little guy that made it through just fine! So either way I'm SURE it will work out! I hope for the best for you and your little man!
Oh I can't wait!! He is going to be my little buddy. I am going to be his favorite. I just know it. Him & my little Zoe were best buds & she made him promise to be my buddy!! I was SOOOO relieved to hear the good news. We will continue to pray for him & his family. We Love You Guys~
Pri, he is darling!!! What a relief that everything looks ok. Yes, he is definitely a Holmes baby!!!! What fun pictures you can get now with those 4D!
love you all!
btw- Ash can be his favorite Aunt as long as I can be his favorite Great-Auntie! lol
Papa Mick must be a stud to have all our families babies look like me. Glad everything worked out, he is going to be just fine. Does this mean he will act like the Egbert side?(papa Todd Ha,Ha) :)
I am so excited for you! And relieved that you were able to see a specialist who will monitor this! You and your little one are always in my heart, on my mind, and in my prayers!
Allie
Post a Comment